This is a specialist qualification for students interested in working with people.
What will I study?
This course is currently made up of the core units below.
1. Communication in Health and Social Care
2. Creative Activities in Health and Social Care
3. Health and Safety in Health and Social Care
4. Development of Individuals Through the Life Stages
What are the entry requirements?
What skills do I need?
- To be able to work on your own when you need to do coursework outside of college lessons
- A caring and responsible attitude and approach towards people
- Good verbal and written communication skills
How will I be taught?
You will be taught using different methods such as group work, paired work, individual study and class discussion.
How is the course assessed?
Mainly through coursework but there is one short exam.
What will the course prepare me for?
Working with people in health and social care settings and/or progressing onto Level 3 courses.
What materials will I need for the course?