NEW College is located on one compact campus adjacent to Pontefract Park. It comprises of several different teaching blocks some traditional and others more modern. Due to the increasing numbers applying and the popularity of the College due to its excellent reputation over the recent years, various new buildings have been built to accommodate this demand.
Some of our facilities that (endeavour to) make NEW College stand out are as follows:
- Apple Mac Media Suites, feature top of the range Apple Mac computers for use by Media students.
- Newly refurbished Science laboratories, where Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Applied Science are all taught in these state of the art science laboratories that include the latest technology to enhance the students learning experience.
- Common Room, designed by our students, this is the area where students relax with friends in a very warm and friendly environment. The main Common Room includes pool tables, table football, a jukebox, TV’s and a stage to accommodate the numerous lunchtime performances of bands etc.
- Catering/Shops, the College has three distinct areas where students can eat, drink and relax. The main Refectory and dining room, the College shop which sell cold food such as sandwiches, stationary etc and the Learning Café (new this year) which provides hot snacks throughout the day.
- Photography Darkrooms, NEW College has one of the largest Photography departments in the area and boasts some of the best equipment. The department has its very own dark rooms to provide students with the experience of traditional dark room developing.
- The Learning Resource Centre (LRC), is an all-in-one centre combining the functions of a Library (book-lending, audio-visual materials, newspapers etc) a Learning Resource Centre (lots of different types of electronic paper-based material, and study support materials designed to support you in any difficulties you may have with any aspect of your learning). The LRC is staffed for each function. there are Librarians a LRC Manager who can help you organise work and source information, and Study Support assistants, who re specialised in helping students with all aspects of work and study. A new Learning Resource Centre is on its way for September 2013! Including three floors of study space with IT facilities, textbooks, journals and multi media resources. Facilities to suit varied learning styles, from independant study booths to bookable group rooms.
- The Fitness Suite, brand new to 2011, exclusive to NEW College Students. Complete with weight resistance gym machines and numerous CV equipment. Fully air conditioned, mirrored and contains 2 flatscreen TVs.
- Computer Suites, that the College has several of across college for students to use in their own time to help them with their studies.
- Student Services, are all based in the same location. Students are able to access the student services administration team who mainly deal with students, EMA and attendance etc. Close by, The Personal Tutors have their offices and one-to-one interview rooms so it is very easy to have confidential conversations and get the support you need. In the Student Services area there are also three full-time Careers Advisors, Aim Higher Co-ordinators, Connexions and a counselling service.
- Language Laboratory, the Modern Foreign Language department uses a computer based language classroom, which ensures the delivery of languages is of the highest quality using the most up to date software.
- Sports Hall, the large Sports Hall is used by the sports department on a regular basis for PE lessons, enrichment activities and for inter-college matches such as basketball and netball.
- Performance Academy, brand new to 2012, the new Performance Academy features a theatre, dance studio, music recording studio and much more!